Festival Guidelines for Vendors & Exhibitors & Sponsors
All requests must be in writing, submitted on one of the following applications:
- Please note that Ballantyne Festival will be held rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, the festival chair reserves the right, in the chair’s sole discretion, to cancel the event, and such cancellation shall not create any liability of any kind or nature whatsoever to you or anyone claiming by or through you.
Ballantyne Festival Artist/Exhibitor/Sponsor/Vendor Rules
- These rules apply to all sponsors, exhibitors and vendors applying to festival, except where specifically noted.
- Applicants consent to receiving communications from or on behalf of Ballantyne Festival via telephone, email, or at the telephone number(s) and email address(es) indicated on the application.
- Exhibitors/Vendors agrees to abide by all Festival rules and regulations. Exhibitors/Vendors is responsible for obtaining applicable permits or licenses required by law and shall abide by all federal, state and local laws. Exhibitors/Vendors is responsible for the payment of all taxes, fees and charges required by any legal authority associated with the booth/exhibit/sponsorship during the term hereof.
- Awarded spaces are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Spaces are 10 feet x 10 feet and may be assigned on grass, asphalt or dirt. All equipment, merchandise, and signage must remain within your allotted space. Take into consideration that the festival site is a grass park setting. Not all locations will be completely level.
- Exhibitors/Vendors must provide their own tents, tables, chairs & supplies. Tents must be secured with weights. Stakes are not permitted. In the event of high winds or inclement weather, booth owners are responsible and liable for the security and safety of their structures, as well as anything contained within.
- If needed, exhibitors must provide their own power source, and must indicate on the application form that you will be using a generator. Battery powered lighting is preferred. Quiet generators (30’ parameter < 80 dB) must be capable of running up to 10 hours without refueling. Refueling will not be allowed during festival hours. If using a generator, please refer to Mecklenburg County Fire Safety Regulations for additional fire safety guidelines.
- Exhibitors/Vendors must be present during the entire event and must staff their space. Exhibitors/Vendors must stay for the duration of the festival. Arts and Crafts Village closes at 7 pm. Food and Beer sales continue until 9 pm. Exhibitors/Vendors may arrive at 9:00 am on October 10th to set up their booth.
- Exhibitors/Vendors must adhere to the following festival’s rules
- NO Pets (Except Service Animals)
- NO Outside Food and Beverages, or Coolers
- NO Bicycles
- NO Firearms
- NO Illegal Drugs
- NO Motorized Vehicles, including golf carts (Permission may be granted on an as-needed basis, but vendor must obtain prior approval from the Festival.)
- Exhibitors/Vendors are responsible for maintaining and leaving their area free of trash.
- As consideration for participation in Ballantyne Festival, Artists/Exhibitors/Vendors/Sponsors permit Ballantyne Festival, and its agents, contractors, and any other persons or entities acting on its behalf, to use (a) logos, images and information submitted with this application and (b) any photographs, videos, recordings and any other record of Ballantyne Festival for any legitimate promotional purpose.
- Signs and Advertising: Any demonstrations, signs and/or solicitations shall be permitted only in areas designated in Ballantyne Festival’s sole discretion. Distribution by Exhibitor/Vendor of any printed materials, samples or other articles shall be restricted to the areas designated in Ballantyne Festival’s sole discretion and subject to Ballantyne Festival’s prior written consent. Exhibitor/Vendor shall not have or operate any display or exhibit, which in the sole discretion of Ballantyne Festival, is the source of objectionable noises, odors, or has materials which are considered by Ballantyne Festival to be objectionable, including without limitation, signs, lights, and the costuming of personnel. Locations may be determined, modified and/or removed by Ballantyne Festival for any reason, including, without limitation, to allow repairs or changes to the Facility and to insure that the Exhibitor/Vendorship and related materials do not interfere with safe operations of the Facility.
Booth Criteria & Information
- Booth sharing is not allowed
- Giving away food and/or beverages is strictly prohibited.
- Raffles are prohibited.
- Items to be given away must be listed on the vendor application and approved by the Festival. Only approved items may be given away. The Festival reserves the right to ask vendors to remove any unapproved items.
- Decorating of the booth in an Autumn/Fall theme is strongly encouraged.
- Business may only be conducted inside or directly in front of your space.
- Face painting and balloon twisting are prohibited in vendor/exhibitor booths. Any service, celebrity or mascot appearance, activity and/or demonstration being offered at your booth must be listed on the application. The festival committee reserves the right to ask vendors to remove any unapproved services, appearances, activities and/or demonstrations.
- Observe of waste; you are responsible for disposal of all waste.
- Vendors are responsible for proper handling/disposing of their own trash and waste products
- Booth set-up may begin at 9 A.M. on Saturday, October 10th. All vendors must be set-up and all vehicles removed from festival grounds by 10:30 AM on Saturday. Late arrival will not be permitted.
- The Mecklenburg County Fire Department and Mecklenburg County Environmental Health Services will inspect any equipment/setups beginning at 10:30 AM Saturday.
- All equipment, supplies and overstock must be stowed and hidden within the space provided.
- Unsightly materials or equipment should not be visible to the crowd.
Food, Beer & Wine Vendors
- Provide certificates of insurance to the Festival by September 15th naming the following three parties as Additional Insureds:
- Ballantyne Festival, 12245 Chesley Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation, 584 Brookshire Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28216
- Morrison Family YMCA at Ballantyne, 9405 Bryant Farms Road, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Food Vendors are expected to sell through 9 pm.
- Food vendors: The sale of beverages is NOT permitted.
- Food vendors: must include one autumn- or fall- inspired menu item.
- Food vendors: must apply for a Special Food permit from Mecklenburg County a minimum of 15 days prior to the event and be able to present it the day of the festival.
- Beer and Wine vendors: possess active Off-Premises Alcohol License and be able to present it the day of the festival.
- Beer and Wine vendors: must offer one autumn- or fall- inspired seasonal beverage.
- Free parking will be provided to vendors. Information will be provided at check-in.
- ALL VENDORS MUST CHECK-IN.
- After vendor receives approval from Festival, payment must be received no more than 14 days after confirmation. Payment may be made by credit card or check and sent to the address on the application. Please note the following about payment:
- Credit Card Payments will be subject to an additional 3.5% processing fee.
- Checks must be written out to BALLANTYNE FESTIVAL
- Counter checks will not be accepted.
- Checks must include driver’s license (or ID) number and state of issuance, date of birth and a valid telephone number. Checks written from a company need to include the tax ID number and a valid telephone number.
- Vendors with returned checks will not be allowed to participate in the festival.
The Physical location of the Ballantyne Festival is:
9405 Bryant Farms Road
Charlotte, NC 28277
The mailing address of the festival is:
12245 Chesley Drive
Charlotte, NC 28277
For Everyone But Sponsors
As consideration for my participation in Ballantyne Festival, I, hereby release and discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Ballantyne Festival, and its directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, and any other persons or entities acting on its behalf, and its successors and assigns, for any and all of the aforementioned persons and entities, against all claims, demands, costs and expenses, and causes of action whatsoever, either in law or equity, arising out of or in any way connected with any property loss, bodily injury, disability and/or death and the consequences resulting therefrom, arising from my participation in Ballantyne Festival.
Materials: Sponsor agrees to provide final art, in electronic format (the “Materials”) by the deadline to be determined. All Materials must be in the form more particularly described in the Materials specifications /mechanical requirements of certain sponsorships. Sponsor is responsible for all production costs necessary to prepare the Materials to the required format. Materials received in any other form than listed in the Materials specifications/mechanical requirements shall be considered incomplete, and Ballantyne Festival reserves the right to reject such Materials or to assess Sponsor any costs necessary to correct such Materials. Sponsor waives all proofing opportunities of corrected Materials. Ballantyne Festival may reject any content which it deems objectionable in its sole opinion. Ballantyne Festival makes no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or currency of the Materials, and Sponsor will not hold Ballantyne Festival its agents, employees, contractors and/or representatives, liable for any claims, causes of action, losses or damages of any kind or nature whatsoever in connection with the use of the Materials.
Waiver and Indemnity: In consideration of the sponsorship of Ballantyne Festival, Sponsor agrees to release discharge and indemnify and hold Ballantyne Festival, its directors, officers, members, agents, employees, affiliates, contractors, successors and assigns harmless from and against any claims, damages, actions, liabilities and/or losses in connection with the Sponsorship, publication and/or advertising placed by or on behalf of Sponsor. Ballantyne Festival, its agents, employees, contractors and representatives, shall not be responsible for any damage to the sponsorship once the same are installed, nor for any errors or omissions contained within the sponsorship. Furthermore, Sponsor agrees to waive and release any and all claims for liabilities, losses, damages, or injuries, including without limitation, loss of income, against Ballantyne Festival, its agents, employees, contractors and representatives, suffered by Sponsor in connection with the sponsorship or breach of this Contract by Ballantyne Festival, its agents, employees, partners, invitees, contractors, and/or representatives.
Default: Sponsor acknowledges and agrees that the total amount due and owing pursuant to the terms of this Contract shall be paid to Ballantyne Festival on the dates indicated in the Contract. Should Sponsor not strictly comply with the terms and conditions of this Contract, including without limitation, the failure to timely pay any monies due and owing to Owner, Sponsor acknowledges and agrees that Ballantyne Festival, in its sole discretion and in addition to any other rights hereunder or at law, may revoke Sponsor’s sponsorship at the Show. Failure to pay according to the terms of this Contract may result also in termination of this Contract, reassignment of any locations previously assigned to Sponsor, and/or in Sponsor’s name being deleted from all Owner’s publications, promotions and/or advertisements. In the event of the occurrence of any default, then it is agreed and understood, and the parties contemplate that the damages to Ballantyne Festival arising from such breach shall include all expenses incurred, including without limitation, Ballantyne Festival’s actual attorneys’ fees and/or collection agency fees. Any default in the terms and conditions of the Exhibit Space Contract by Sponsor shall constitute a default under this Contract by Sponsor and any default by Sponsor under this Contract shall also constitute a default under the Exhibit Space Contract by Sponsor.
Insurance: Sponsor and its contractor(s) shall maintain Comprehensive General Liability Insurance and Personal Injury coverage at its sole cost and expense for all of its activities at the Show, and shall have Ballantyne Festival, its managing agent and any parties designated by Ballantyne Festival named as additional insured on all such policies. Policy limits shall be at least $1,000,000 / $1,000,000 Bodily Injury and Property Damage combined. Sponsor and its contractor(s) shall also maintain, at its sole cost and expense, Workers Compensation Insurance for employees participating in the Show, as required by law. Sponsor warrants that by signing this Contract it has compiled specifically with the insurance requirements of the Contract. Evidence of insurance coverage in the form of a valid Certificate of Insurance specifying the above coverages, including activities at the Show must be provided to Ballantyne Festival at its request.
Cancellation: If the Show or any part thereof is prevented from being held, or is canceled by Ballantyne Festival or if the Sponsorship contracted for herein becomes unavailable because of war, fire, strike, government regulations, public catastrophe, act of God or the public enemy, or any other cause beyond Owner’s control, Ballantyne Festival shall not be liable in anyway, nor be obligated to comply with the terms of this Contract. Ballantyne Festival shall determine and refund to Sponsor its proportionate share of the Sponsorship Fee received which remains after deducting expenses incurred by Owner and reasonable compensation to Ballantyne Festival, but in no case shall the amount of refund to Sponsor exceed the amount of the Sponsorship Fee paid. If Sponsor withdraws from participation in the Show or is requested by Ballantyne Festival to leave the Show, Sponsor shall be responsible for full payment of the Sponsorship Fee. No refunds will be given and no credit will be offered for participation in future shows. If Sponsor cancels the Sponsorship for any reason, Sponsor is held liable for full payment of the Sponsorship Fee.
Controlling Law: This Contract shall be construed and enforced under the laws of the State of North Carolina.
Miscellaneous: In the event any term or provision of this Contract shall to any extent be deemed invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Contract shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. The parties acknowledge and agree that this is the final understanding and Contract between the parties and supersedes any and all prior negotiations, understandings and Contracts relating to this matter.