Chili Cook-Off / Celebration of Service Tent Application
Thank you for your interest in being part of the 2015 Ballantyne Festival – Autumn in the Park, Featuring Charlotte’s Best Oyster Roast. Please read this information, fill out, sign and submit your forms below.
We look forward to having you as part of the Festival!
Saturday, October 10, 2015
Chili Cook-Off 11:00am – 1:00pm
Celebration of Service Exhibits 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Monday, September 28, 2015
Early Registration Discount ends Monday, August 31st
In appreciation of your service to our community, all fees have been waived.
Participation in the Chili Cook-Off is free but contestants must apply to be considered.
Contestants are provided with a 6-foot table inside the larger Celebration of Service tent.
The Festival will also provide tasting supplies (bowls, spoons, napkins, etc.).
Time Frame/Set Up
Contestants must be set up and ready by 10:45 am. At the conclusion of the chili cook-off, contestants who are not participating in the Celebration of Service are kindly requested to clean and vacate their tables by 1:30 so that we may begin setting up Celebration of Service exhibits.
- Provide 5 (five) gallons of chili and your own power source, if desired.
- No additional tents are allowed.
- Adhere to North Carolina’s Fire Prevention Code.
- Be ready by 10:45 am and remain open and fully staffed until the conclusion of the Cook-Off, estimated time to be 1:00 pm.
- Meet Mecklenburg County’s Department of Environmental Health Guidelines.
- Observe proper handling/dispensing of food; you are responsible for disposal of all waste.
- Contestants are permitted to use their logos and display marketing materials within their allotted space only and until 1 pm only.
CELEBRATION OF SERVICE
Following The Chili Cook-Off, the TENT will be converted to a display area for non-profit organizations.
Nonprofit organizations will be in the Celebration of Service Tent from 2:00- 7:00 and may begin setting up at 1:30 pm.
What to Expect After Submitting Your Application
The Ballantyne Festival committee will review all applications and reserves the right to decline an application based upon the needs of the festival. Adjudicators will strive to balance exhibitors to optimize the experience of the participants. Please note that submission of application does not guarantee participation. Applicants that have been accepted to participate will receive confirmation from the Festival. Anyone not accepted will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available.
Once you have submitted your application and the Festival has reviewed it, you will receive an e-mail indicating your acceptance or non-acceptance for the Ballantyne Festival.
- Prior to the event, you will receive an additional e-mail that gives you specific event and set-up information including your space assignment, arrival/departure information, maps and more.
- Marketing and/or exhibition only are allowed from this booth. Orders may be taken, but there can be no selling or exchange of goods.
- Decorating of the booth in a Fall theme is strongly encouraged.
- Hands-on activities and/or demonstrations are strongly encouraged. Please list planned activities and/or demonstrations on your application.
- Previous history with the festival
- Community affiliation and/or county residency
- Application received by or before the deadline. Please note that submission of application does not guarantee participation. Applicants that have been accepted to participate will receive confirmation from the Business coordinator. Anyone not accepted will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available.
- Organization’s appropriateness in relation to the festival